Re: Swish-e and authorisation-based document access

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 04:23:55 GMT
Bill Moseley scribbled on 10/19/06 10:59 PM:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 04:09:33PM -0700, William M Conlon wrote:
>> To get properties into the index, one needs to inject a metatag into
>> the <head> section fed to swish-e.  Easy enough to do for dynamically
>> generated html, but a little trickier with filtered content.  I guess
>> we would use
>>
>> $doc_object->user_data to pass the role/right into a filter, and in
>> Pdf2HTML.pm add something like
>
> Where's the role data coming from?
>
> I haven't tried, but how about creating a subclass of
> SWISH::Filters::Pdf2HTML with your own local module and just override
> the get_pdf_headers() method?

That would be a one-time solution for a particular user, yes. I was talking
about adding a more general 'meta_data' feature, to supplement user_data, that
could be used by each filter to add meta headers in their own way. Similar to
what user_data does, but since that's such a common thing to do (adding meta
data) it seems like having its own accessor is easy enough to add and implement.

Right now the CPAN version has a metadata() method in SWISH::Filter::Document
that lets you get the metadata added by a filter. Right now it only gets set in
each filter() method ... I can see it's not documented well enough that even the
author (me) can understand how it's supposed to work. ;)

I'll try and hack a bit on that tomorrow.