Re: more out of memory fun

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 02:44:22 GMT
On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 19:24 -0700, Brad Miele wrote:
> finally, why do i need to use -e when i have so many resources? when
> swish-e gave that out of memory error, i still had over 2G totally free
> via top. sorry that i don't understand a lot of this stuff, and feel free
> to direct me to RTFM...

Do you know how much memory was in use by swish-e at the time of the
error?  If I recall correctly, by default FreeBSD limits processes to
512MB (MAXDSIZ).  That's adjustable up to a point, of course.

But if your OS and CPU are not both 64-bit (and swish-e also isn't
64-bit) there's probably a hard limit of 2 GB per process.

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/