Re: SWISH-E 2.4.4 filters can not locate files

From: David Brown <dave(at)not-real.davidhbrown.us>
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 15:00:16 GMT
Does this mean that with 2.4.4, paths with spaces and multiple command line
parameters are not an option?

Here's what I'm using now, with swish-e 2.4.3:

	FileFilter .pdf  "pdftohtml" " -i -q -stdout \"%p\""

(I quote "pdftohtml" here only because I'm generating the .config
programmatically based on system configuration data and didn't want to take
chances that there might be a space in the path, but I could loose that
particular quoting. The quotes on the parameter line is more important.
<http://pdftohtml.sourceforge.net/>)

It looks like you would want us to write a Perl wrapper for pdftohtml. Is
that the practice you're going toward? (I'm not familiar with
swish_filter.pl except for seeing it mentioned on this list.) Seems like
more overhead, and more installation of stuff, particularly on Windows
machines where you mightn't otherwise be using Perl. That can be an issue in
shared hosting environments. I suppose maybe a .bat /shell script could
supply the missing parameters without as much overhead as Perl.

Or, would...

	FileFilter .pdf pdftohtml -i -q -stdout %p

do the same thing in 2.4.4 as the above line did in swish-e 2.4.3?
--
David Brown
dave@davidhbrown.us