Re: SWISH-E 2.4.4 filters can not locate files

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 21:55:33 GMT
On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 14:11 -0700, Peter Karman wrote:
> yes, that's it. it uses isalnum(), which on my system at least (OS X) doesn't
> match underscore.

isalnum is equivalent to (isdigit || isalpha) which matches A-Z or a-z
or 0-9 (or whatever characters are equivalent in the current locale).

> Looks like it should check for _ and . at the very least. Probably - too.
> Any others?

Probably many characters and we'd undoubtedly miss some along the way.
Like Bill says, its just not safe to try to list which characters we
want to trust.  I think whatever we're doing in extprog.c we should be
doing filter.c.

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/