Re: SWISH-E 2.4.4 filters can not locate files

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 21:44:38 GMT
On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 04:36:56PM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> Bill Moseley scribbled on 10/16/06 4:27 PM:
> >
> >I'm never a fan of quoting.  FileFilter should fork/exec on non-windows
> >platforms, I think.
> it does get into a spiraling insanity when trying to escape the right chars
> on the right platforms.

The rule is to allow known good chars -- don't try and guess the bad

> perhaps we should remove stringQuote() altogether?

And replace it with fork.

FileFilter is ok for running binaries, but I hope people are not using
it to run, say, Perl.

I've been looking over a lot of PHP lately and I keep running into
regexps trying to remove "bad" characters.  Doesn't PHP have bind
variables for the database?  I keep finding sql injection potentials,