SWISH-E 2.4.4 filters can not locate files

From: Gertjan Hofman <gertjan_hofman(at)>
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 20:34:11 GMT
First of all, thanks for releasing the new version.
There are a number of improvements I am interested in
and  so I downloaded the latest.tar.gz file this
It compiles, checks, install fine. System is
Linux bi35-sensorinfo 2.6.15-26-386 #1 PREEMPT Fri Jul
7 19:27:00 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux  on Kubuntu 6.06.

I use FileFilter for parsing. Running my old config
file (attached & reduced to minium), I now find that
all files that use filters to parse (everything but
TXT and HTML) are no longer 'found': i.e. the output
 src/swish-e -e -c swish/ -v 3

looks like:

Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
Indexing "/data/safe/web/sensor_info/"
/data/safe/web/sensor\_info/kapton\ window\
attenuation\ 224901\.xls: No such file or directory
pptHtml: cole - Cannot open the file
catdoc: No such file or directory
pptHtml: cole - Cannot open the file
I can't open '/data/safe/web/sensor\_info/2211\
Composition\.doc' for reading
I can't open '/data/safe/web/sensor\_info/sensor\
physics\ report\ 2000\-012\.doc' for reading
Error: Couldn't open file
catdoc: No such file or directory

etc etc.  Replacing src/swish-e by /usr/bin/swish-e
(old the version (2.4.3)) and executing the same
command works like a charm.

I can't see anything in the CHANGES document which
would explains this, but I suspect there is something

Do You Yahoo!?

to a plain text message.