(no subject)

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 19:44:49 GMT
On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 12:19:04PM -0700, Erik Holm wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply (Peter and David).
>
> I see that I have file swish.cgi.in in lib\swish-e, should the '.in' be
> there?  I'm a little thrown by that.  I did double check that ActivePerl
> 5.8 is installed - to be sure things were done in the right order I
> uninstalled swish-e and reinstalled it, did not receive a message about
> Perl not being there?
>
> Is this as simple as copying swish.cgi.in to my cgi-bin directory and
> renaming it to swish.cgi?

No, swish.cgi.in is modified during installation and should be
installed as swish.cgi.  (The installation processes updates the .in
file with information about where swish is installed.)

If you have the .in files in the installation directory then maybe the
installation process is not running correctly on your machine.

I have not installed on windows in a long time so maybe Dave can give
you more info on what you should be seeing during installation.