Re: [OT] thesaurus

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 15:49:19 GMT
Bill Moseley scribbled on 10/5/06 10:38 AM:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 07:19:47AM -0700, Peter Karman wrote:
>> not strictly Swish-related, but wondering how others of you implement the 'did
>> you mean...' feature in their web search apps. Do you use a custom thesaurus?
>> Dictionary? etc.
> I've done a dictionary lookup before using Text::Aspell.  I created a
> dictionary for each meta name so only words in the index would be
> returned in spelling suggestions.

cool. thanks, Bill.

if I'm reading correctly, this only works for words based on spelling, yes? So
if a user searched for 'food' it wouldn't suggest 'sustenance' or 'nourishment'.

good pointers about using metanames and the parsed words.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)