RE: Ranges for swish description

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 03:11:33 GMT
Leyden Timothy scribbled on 9/7/06 7:18 PM:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to use ranges for swish description egg char 1000 - 1500
> if not could this be modified easily

Sorry, this got buried in my inbox. Please don't start a new thread from an
existing one; threaded email readers will bury your post.

The answer to your question is no. The swishdescription takes a maxchar setting,
so all characters up to the max are used. If you wanted to set a minimum
threshold (which I assume is why you're asking about a range) you'd need to
pre-filter your docs to eliminate length(text) < your_min_threshold.

pek