Re: Option to *not* recurse directories

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 03:47:45 GMT
David Brown scribbled on 9/22/06 9:12 PM:

> 	FileRules dirname contains "$path/"
>
> ..where $path is replaced by the value of IndexDir. So if the dirname has
> an extra slash beyond the starting path, it ought to be a subdirectory,
> right? I think this will be faster, but it's less general-purpose. And there
> might be issues with \ vs. / as delimiter under Windows?
>
> Am I on the right track? Other suggestions? I guess I'll discover what works
> soon enough.
>
> Okay, I left that in "drafts" while finishing up the actual code. I went
> with the "FileRules dirname" method -- using a forward slash under Windows
> -- and it did what I want.
>
> Still seems like there ought to be an easier way to turn off recursion...
> maybe something to consider for 3.0?

yes, a RecursionDepth config option seems like a good idea.

I tried a couple different regexp variations to get the same affect but couldn't
hit on the right combo either. Bill might have a better idea.

If you used DirTree.pl with -S prog, you could just change the check_dir()
routine to return 0.