Re: swish.cgi under Solaris 2.7

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2006 - 12:54:55 GMT
On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 04:30:28AM -0700, Steffen Netz wrote:
> O.K. I've used the debugger extensivly. But how can debug a forked process on the
> server.

printing to stderr is how I mostly do it.

If it's working on the command line and not on your server then it's
likely an environment issue and you would need to debug like any
other cgi script.

>     print MY_R ("Bin vor Schleife :$fh:\n");

I'm not sure how helpful printing the file handle would be.

You could do here:

    warn "about to read input from swish\n";
>     while (<$fh>) {

        warn "fetched line [$_]\n";

>     }
>
> I get no lines from $fh on the server (neither by wget nor by browser),
> but on the commandline (on the same computer).

Does the web server have permissions to run swish and access the
index?  I'd expect to see that info in the web server's logs, though.