Re: Search result anomaly

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 14:04:21 GMT
On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 06:55:29AM -0700, Deane Barker wrote:
> What I'd like to do is return a hit on a term that was indexed anywhere in
> the document -- meta, title, body, wherever.

The metanames ( not <meta> ) are somewhat like columns in a database.
They are separate, but related by the file they come from.  And just
like in a database you have to specify which column you want to
search in.

It can be confusing because which things up in which metanames is not
always clear and can be changed by configuration settings.  In html
docs titles end up indexed with the body content and sometimes <meta>
does, too.

> Is this accomplished when the body of text is indexed, or when it's
> searched?

If you want to search for words that are in different metanames you
have to specify each metaname using the OR operator.