Search result anomaly

From: Deane Barker <deane(at)not-real.blendinteractive.com>
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 21:13:35 GMT
I have an anomaly in my search index. I've indexed a collection of 1,400
text files.

I grepped these files for the word "cambodian," and there are 28 files with
containing that word.

I dumped the index with "-T INDEX_ALL" and looked through the contents.
Under the word "cambodian," there are 28 files listed.  (These hits are
often in the "keywords" meta tag.)

So, those match.

However, when I search, I get...no hits.  My search string is this:

swish-e -w cambodian -f [MyIndexFile]

Would this have something to do with the text being in the keywords meta?  I
referenced "keywords" under MetaNames in the indexing configuration, and the
index dump file indicates it's been indexed all over the place.

Any thoughts on where to start here?  Everything looks fine to me...except
the actual search results, which are kind of important.

to a plain text message.