Swish experts in the Netherlands?

From: Cas Tuyn <cas.tuyn(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 10:42:19 GMT
Hi,

I am the search engine project leader at a company in the Netherlands
(Eindhoven area) and use Swish 2.4.3 on Solaris for a 600.000 page
intranet via spidering. I am looking for an experienced Swish-E expert
who is willing to come in, solve the current problems, and document
how normal IT staff can keep Swish-E running. The IT person dedicated
to do this for me is and will be ill for a while, but we do not want
to wait that long. Please note: We are not interested if you are not
experienced.

If you know companies or persons, preferably if you know their work,
let me know personally. If there's interest from the list I can
summarize, but since the Netherlands is just a small place on the
globe I doubt people outside NL/BE will be interested.

Current problems are:
 - PDFs are indexed as binary instead of text
 - After trying to solve that, PDFs are no longer found at all
 - ASCII (log) files need to be excluded
 - Large Office documents get too-high ranking (based on their size I think)
 - Office files and PDF need to export their title and other meta info
to the indexer
 - We gave extra Ranking to title, description and H123, but are not
sure this is enough
 - Title and description in the SERP are different from the page, even
not present in the page

Thank you,

Cas Tuyn
+31 40 268 3723  (09:00-17:30 CET)