Thanks for the effort

From: Foo JH <jhfoo-ml(at)not-real.extracktor.com>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 06:54:23 GMT
I've used swish-e, and taken advantage of the available Perl library
interface for some work. IMHO, swish-e is fast, and very extensible (I
followed the examples and wrote an interface to a db). Great work guys.

I also notice that the last release is some 2 years back - 17 Dec 2004
to be exact. I think we need to swish-e to remain relevant, and maybe
take advantage new technologies/ platforms. No need to compete with the
likes of Lucene and Kinosearch, but I think just moving forward and
staying relavant is good enough for most of us.

To the maintainers/ developers of swish-e: any hints of when the next
release will be out?

Hope this helps.