Re: Dennis Daupert/GIS/CSC is out of the office

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 13:09:37 GMT
On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:55:04AM -0400, Dennis Daupert wrote:
> > And we expect photos of your trip and an explanation of why
> > in 2006 you are running such a lame vacation program that
> > has no clue about mailing lists and bulk headers.
>
> The email client I use is Lotus Notes, mandated by the company I work for.
> You
> could contact IBM to enquire as to that oversight.

That's been a problem for ever with Notes.  I wonder if there's a fix
in current version.

> Regarding explanations, I've often wondered why there isn't an unsubscribe
> link
> included at the bottom of every swish-e posting as is done by many other
> email lists as a convenience. I've needed that link for quite a while.

I added it to the bottom of all my posts.  The "problem" is swish-e is
hosted for free and what we get for free is an old version of
ListProc.  Maybe ListProc has a way to add headers or a standard
footer.  I prefer a header like Mailman includes.

But what about the photos?