Launch an indexing with parameters from a PHP page?

From: François Tissandier <francois.tissandier(at)not-real.tebu-bio.com>
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 09:10:06 GMT
Hi everybody!

I'm trying to run swish-e to index some content by calling a PHP page
with the appropriate parameters.

Here is what I have:
a file.php page who prints the content to index, with the right headers
(path name, content size, etc...). I call this page with some parameters
like ?ID=12458

an index.php page which runs an "exec" command calling swish-e.

My problem is that a

"swish-e -c config.file -S prog -i file.php ID=12345"

doesn't work, it doesn't take the parameters into account.

So I tried instead a

"file.php ID=12345 | swish-e -c config.file -S prog -i stdin"

which works ... but only from the command line.

When I try to run this command from an "exec(....)" in PHP, it doesn't
work, it seems that the swish-e command doesn't read the result of
file.php, but something different (the page calling the command?). I'm
quite a newbie with Linux, so now I'm stuck with this error.

Maybe there is another solution, but that's the one I thought about. I
just want to be able to run an indexing with some parameters from a
website. Thanks in advance if you have some advices...

	François