Re: Indexing secured PDF Documents

From: Sean <schliden(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 08:41:28 GMT
Peter,

Looking at the security tab of the document properties from within
Acrobat, reveals:

"All contents of the document are encypted and search engine cannot
access the documents metadata"

There are a number of document restrictions listed:

"Content extraction for accessibility: NOT ALLOWED"

I believe this stuff is a feature of pdf's created with adobes
Creator/PDF Writer tools.

Sean