Re: Incremental segfault in economy mode yo!

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sat Aug 19 2006 - 20:03:42 GMT
brad miele scribbled on 8/18/06 1:27 PM:
> Hello everyone,

Hi Brad. Hope that Maine weather is fine.

> I have been messing around with incrimental, which i know is
> "experimental" (how long will it be experimental anyway?).

Guess it'll be experimental as long as it keeps doing things like what you're
describing. :)

  But i had
> not been getting very far because it seems that the swish-es that i build
> with --enable-incrimental have this tendency to segfault during the
> indexing part of things:
>
> Writing header ...
> Writing index entries ...
>    Writing word text: ...Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> then today, i noticed that if if i didn't use economy mode, things work.
> so is economy mode and incrimental generally a show stopper? i can through
> more resources at it in that case i guess. and yeah. incrimental in
> general.. yes? no? i want to start letting our editors adjust the index in
> near real time, and we have about 1.5 million records now.

Is it reproducible for a small set of docs? (<100) Could you put together a
test? The way to track this down is to run it through gdb or similar to find
where it's segfaulting.

There's been talk off and on about getting a good test suite together for the
incremental index feature, but as its chief author is no longer on the list,
there's little momentum there.