Incremental segfault in economy mode yo!

From: brad miele <bmiele(at)>
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 18:28:00 GMT
Hello everyone,

It's been over a year since my rambling, barely coherent missive. So
without further ado, and with the usual disclaimers (sorry i didn't read
the faq or dig too much in the archives, etc...), here we go.

I have been messing around with incrimental, which i know is
"experimental" (how long will it be experimental anyway?). But i had
not been getting very far because it seems that the swish-es that i build
with --enable-incrimental have this tendency to segfault during the
indexing part of things:

Writing header ...
Writing index entries ...
   Writing word text: ...Segmentation fault (core dumped)

then today, i noticed that if if i didn't use economy mode, things work.
so is economy mode and incrimental generally a show stopper? i can through
more resources at it in that case i guess. and yeah. incrimental in
general.. yes? no? i want to start letting our editors adjust the index in
near real time, and we have about 1.5 million records now.

Brad Miele
VP Technology