Using swish-e with one structured document

From: Richard Lewis <richardlewis(at)not-real.fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Tue Jul 25 2006 - 16:48:27 GMT
Hi there,

I'm brand new to swish-e. I installed the Debian packages and have been having
a play.

My application uses a small number of very large XML documents which are
highly structured (though not tabular; they're TEI encoded text). Swish-e's
default behaviour is to show which documents match your keywords. If your
data is in one or only a few documents, this doesn't really provide useful
results.

Is it possible to get it to say /where/ in a document it found a result? And,
even better, get it to say what the id attribute of the parent element of the
matching word was?

(This is sort of the functionality you'd get with a native XML database.
However, I've been fiddling around with several products on and off for ages
and haven't really got good performance/easy integration with LAMP from any
of them. So I'd like to try using an indexer instead.)

One solution I have thought of is to break the documents down into
one-document-per-structural-element for indexing. This would work, but I'd be
interested to know if its possible to solve this problem using just the
original source documents.

Any thoughts on how to go about doing this?

Cheers,
Richard
--
Richard Lewis