ANNOUNCE: new CPAN modules

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 19:33:48 GMT
My apologies if this comes through twice; I didn't seem to get it this
morning.

Thanks to the generosity of Bill Moseley, I am pleased to announce that
SWISH::Filter, long a part of the Swish-e distribution, has been
released to the CPAN. The 0.06 version contains two new filters for
Excel and PowerPoint docs using the latest catdoc package, as well as
some improvements to the type() and priority() features for selecting
which filters to apply.

http://search.cpan.org/~karman/SWISH-Filter-0.06/

It is hoped that by making this package available on CPAN, its usage is
increased and more filters will be contributed.

Also, I have just released two new packages to CPAN that may also
interest search application developers:

Search::Tools 0.01 is a collection of classes for writing search
applications. It offers features like:

* contextual snipping of matching terms in source docs

* highlighting of search terms

* full UTF-8 support, including transliteration for 8-bit characters.

* handy XML/HTML methods

* query parsing using the excellent Search::QueryParser

http://search.cpan.org/~karman/Search-Tools-0.01/

SWISH::Prog 0.01 is a framework for building search applications around
the Swish-e -S Prog feature. It provides an easy API for indexing
documents, using SWISH::Filter and Search::Tools. Included is
SWISH::Prog::DBI for creating full-text search indexes of databases
using the standard DBI module.

SWISH::Prog is intended to be fully forward-compatible with Swish3, the
next major version of Swish-e.

http://search.cpan.org/~karman/SWISH-Prog-0.01/