From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 13:05:40 GMT
CARUSO Holly scribbled on 7/6/06 3:54 AM:

> I have done what is suggested, running the index on a single file with the =
> following command:
> C:\Program Files\SWISH-E>swish-e -i AM29LV128.pdf -T indexed_words
> =20
> I presume this commands doesn't use the swish.conf... some of the output fr=
> om this commands is as follows:

the swish-e command doesn't know how to index .pdf files without a
config file to tell it how. So yes, you are correct in presuming that
swish.conf is not used. You need to use it in order for swish-e to
filter the .pdf file through the appropriate xpdf filters.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)