Re: Simple question (breaking the silence again)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 02:14:19 GMT
On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 16:42 -0700, Linda W. (that's swishey, not
squishey!) wrote:
> Cygwin -- compiles fine...looks like it is assigned in the Win32
> basket and the program is mangling the forward slashes to back
> slashes, which don't work under a posix/*nix environment (hacking
> source and remaking...)...

I suspected that may have been an issue.  Cygwin isn't well supported,
obviously.  The problem is that _WIN32 is being defined by something
(toolchain? autoconf?).  I'm not really sure why _WIN32 gets defined
when building with Cygwin.  I don't think Cygwin implements any of the
Win32 API.  So that doesn't seem like it could ever work.

I don't really have any easy way to test with Cygwin myself.  But if you
need Cygwin I've attached an experimental patch.  Please let me know if
you use it and whether it works.

>From the directory above the swish-e source code directory:
  patch -p0 < swishe-cygwin.patch

(If anyone else wants to try the patch let me know and I'll email it
directly.  I'm sure the list will mangle it assuming the email doesn't
bounce outright.)

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/