Re: CGI trouble with swish-e

From: Lewis Foster <doof205(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 12:16:26 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

The swish API is now installed correctly. And I managed to fix the error
with Template.

It seems the only error is

"Premature end of script headers:
/opt/www0/apache/rancor.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/search.cgi"

I'm a bit reluctant to go editing the search.cgi as its a bit beyond me.
Should i just be able to direct my browser to this file and receive no
errors?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lewis

On 5/24/06, Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote:

> Lewis Foster scribbled on 5/24/06 5:49 AM:
> > I'm pretty new to the world of Linux and swish-e. I have managed to get
> > swish installed and it happily indexes files, even pdfs but something i=
> > amiss with my search CGI.
> >
> > Using the CGI bundled with swish I get the following error when I direc=
> my
> > browser to it:
> >
> > Name "Template::ERROR" used only once: possible typo at
> > /opt/www0/apache/rancor.cambridge.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/search.cgi line
> 286.
> >
> > Can't locate object method "new" via package "Template" at
> > /opt/www0/apache/rancor.cambridge.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/search.cgi line
> 285.
> >

> sounds like the Template module isn't getting loaded. That's Template
> Toolkit.
>
> > [Wed May 24 11:32:27 2006] [error] [client 134.32.103.57] Premature end
> of
> > script headers:
> > /opt/www0/apache/rancor.cambridge.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/search.cgi
> >
> > The first one isn't really an issue. But the second certainly is.
> >
> > Using activeperl I have installed "template", "HTML-Template" and
> various
> > others I was missing.
>
> Is there a difference between 'template' and 'Template' ?
>
> I thought activeperl was for Windows. Did you try cpan too?
>

> > Also, where and what is the SWISH::API?...I cant find it on CPAN or my
> PPM
> > respositories, im not aware of having installed it so maybe this is the
> > problem?
>

> SWISH::API is the Perl binding against libswish-e. Should be in the
> perl/ dir of the source distrib. Read the Perl API docs for how to
> build. Should just be:
>
>   perl Makefile.PL
>   make
>   make test