Re: CGI trouble with swish-e

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 13:08:12 GMT
Lewis Foster scribbled on 5/24/06 5:49 AM:
> I'm pretty new to the world of Linux and swish-e. I have managed to get
> swish installed and it happily indexes files, even pdfs but something is
> amiss with my search CGI.
>
> Using the CGI bundled with swish I get the following error when I direct my
> browser to it:
>
> Name "Template::ERROR" used only once: possible typo at
> /opt/www0/apache/rancor.cambridge.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/search.cgi line 286.
>
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "Template" at
> /opt/www0/apache/rancor.cambridge.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/search.cgi line 285.

sounds like the Template module isn't getting loaded. That's Template
Toolkit.

> [Wed May 24 11:32:27 2006] [error] [client 134.32.103.57] Premature end of
> script headers:
> /opt/www0/apache/rancor.cambridge.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/search.cgi
>
> The first one isn't really an issue. But the second certainly is.
>
> Using activeperl I have installed "template", "HTML-Template" and various
> others I was missing.

Is there a difference between 'template' and 'Template' ?

I thought activeperl was for Windows. Did you try cpan too?

> Also, where and what is the SWISH::API?...I cant find it on CPAN or my PPM
> respositories, im not aware of having installed it so maybe this is the
> problem?

SWISH::API is the Perl binding against libswish-e. Should be in the
perl/ dir of the source distrib. Read the Perl API docs for how to
build. Should just be:

  perl Makefile.PL
  make
  make test