Re: Indexing according to a metatag value?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 01:37:56 GMT
Bruno Schmid scribbled on 5/14/06 4:47 AM:
> Hi Peter
>
> It's Bruno and I've the same problem at the moment. I don't know much
> about Perl, so it's quite hard for me to get a solution.
>
> Did you already get or find a solution for "Indexing according to a
> metatag value" ?
>
> I should index the file if my meta tag is like=
> - <meta name="language" content="german">
>
> and I should not index the file if my meta tag is like=
> - <meta name="language" content="french">

Please post to the list next time and not directly to me.

I posted answers to this question here:

http://swish-e.org/archive/2005-08/9924.html

and here:

http://swish-e.org/archive/2005-08/9926.html

Read the docs. If you're using the spider.pl script, you might use a
filter_content callback like this:

filter_content => sub {
         my $content_ref = $_[3];

	# only index docs explictly marked as german language

         if ( $$content_ref =~
           m/<meta\ +name="language"\ +content="german"/i )
	{
		return 1;
	}
	else