swish-e only spiders the server it started on

From: Cas Tuyn <cas.tuyn(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 14:57:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to this list but have already searched the archives for the
following problem.

We have three intranets: aaa.company.com, bbb.company.com and
ccc.company.com. To avoid indexing a lot of outdated pages, we
recently switched swish-e into spider mode. The start page is
http://aaa.company.com/intranet/index.html which links to 5 topicbased
pages full of links (like start.pagina.nl). These links can be on any
of the three intranet servers. The servers are all authenticated, and
use single sign-on. We use swish-e 2.4.3 on Solaris with IPlanet 4 and
6.

The problem is that the indexer only spiders links within the same
server aaa.company.com, and no links for bbb.company.com or
ccc.company.com. That is my conclusion as all returned results are
from the starting page server.

I thought about copying the start page and the 5 topic pages also to
the other servers, but because we spider, links can zigzag between the
three servers, so that's a bad idea.

Is this an authentification problem?
Something in the config files?
Any solution?