Re: Compile Swish under windows

From: Timo Haberkern <thaberkern(at)not-real.emedia-office.de>
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 07:18:30 GMT
Hi David,

thanks for your answer. The problem is that i can't compile swish-e with
MSVC. I get a "Connot load the project due to a corrupt project
file"-error when i try to open the src/win32/swishe.dsw project file.
I'm using VS Studio 2003.

Any possible help?

Timo

Grüsse

Timo Haberkern

EMEDIA OFFICE GmbH
Weipertstr. 8-10
74076 Heilbronn

http://www.emedia-office.com
thaberkern@emedia-office.de

Tel.: 07131/7669-933
Fax:  07131/7669-939

David L Norris wrote:

>On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 07:04 -0700, Peter Karman wrote:
>

>>have you tried installing the swish-e port for windows and linking
>>against that version of libswishe?
>>

>Well, there are no import libraries or headers included with the Swish-e
>Windows installer.  Windows doesn't have runtime linking like on UNIX.
>Windows executables link against static libraries which manually connect
>each function in the DLL.  I didn't include development libraries and
>headers for reasons which elude my memory.
>

>Short answer: compile both swish-e then swish_php from source using a
>version of MSVC which PHP supports and you should end up with a set of
>libraries and such that work together.  You may need to link zlib into
>swish_php.  The MSVC debugger will generate errors telling you which
>functions are missing if you miss a library, of course.
>

>If I have time some day I'll see if it's possible to include swish_php
>in Windows builds.  Highly unlikely but maybe not impossible.  Looking
>back in my email, that's something we (Peter and I) briefly discussed a
>year ago (May 10 2005).  I suppose it's just not been a frequently
>requested feature.  2 mentions in two years...

to a plain text message.