Re: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 14:51:31 GMT
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 07:42:02AM -0700, Ted Smith wrote:
> # Example for spidering
>     # Use the "" program included with Swish-e
>     IndexDir

I have not used windows is so long I'm not sure I can remember.  But,
does Windows know how to run  Or would you need to tell
Windows the IndexDir is perl.exe and the program parameters are

> The first thing I realized is that is actually called
> by default. I had to rename it to I assume that
> is correct? Until I did that it just couldn't find the file at all.

No, that should not be correct.  the .in file is the template that is
modified upon installation with updated paths.

> After renaming it, when I run the following command :
> swish-e -S prog -c swishe.conf
> I get the following error :
> ------------------------------------
> Indexing Data Source: "External-Program"
> Indexing ""
> External Program found: C:\Program Files\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e/
> 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

I think you want to use forward slashes everywhere.  Or maybe double
backslashes.  I think forward slashes work for internal calls, but
not for anything that might pass through the "shell".

    IndexDir C:\\perl\\bin\\perl.exe

Help with Swish-e: