Re: Indexing Links

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 13:35:30 GMT
On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 06:15:21AM -0700, intervolved none wrote:
> I tried that.  The spider then ignores the links as well and does not index the pages.

Can you try and make your question a bit more clear to understand?
And include a complete example.

If it's a problem following links then show a sample html file and
run spider.pl on it directly showing how it doesn't follow the link.
The spider has debug options you can set from the command line (as
an environment variable).

If it's trying to avoid indexing the text inside the <a> tag then
show an example of that by calling swish directly with the file and
use -T indexed words to show what words are or not being indexed.

And make sure you html validates.

Thanks,