Re: Indexing Links

From: intervolved none <intervolved(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 12:44:13 GMT
Thank you for the response.

  Actually I do not care if the text within the the <a> tag is indexed.  I just want the links followed and indexed.   I do not want the text in the <a> tags stored in my description property.

  example:
  -----------------
  this is the body of the text.  <- this should be the description of the page
-------------------------------
Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote:
  If I am understanding you correctly, you want the text within the
tagset to be indexed but not stored in the description Property. I don't
believe there is a config option to allow that. The properties simply
suck up all the characters they find, optionally converting entities,
and ignoring tags.

intervolved none scribbled on 4/26/06 11:29 AM:
> I have noticed on a lot of my pages that get indexed that the
> description displayed is from the href tags and not from the actual
> body of the content. Is there anyway to fix this? I want the links
> to be indexed but I do not want the text to be included in the
> description of the page.
>

> Config :
>
> MaxDepth 0 Delay 0 Metanames keywords MetaNamesRank 10 keywords
> IndexContents HTML2 .htm .html .shtml .jsp IndexContents TXT .pdf
> .doc DefaultContents HTML2 StoreDescription HTML2 200
> StoreDescription TXT 200 PropertyNameAlias swishdescription
> description obeyRobotsNoIndex yes
>
> HTMLLinksMetaName links IndexDir http://testserver/testpage.html
>

> d:>\swish-e.exe -f "d:\testing\indexes\temp.index" -wdirectives -p
> swishdescription -d :: # SWISH format: 2.4.2 # Search words:
> directives # Removed stopwords: # Number of hits: 1 # Search time:
> 0.000 seconds # Run time: 0.015 seconds
> 1000::http://testserver/testpage.html::My Title::932::one two three
> one two three one two three. four five six. seven eight nine ten,
> uno dos tres quatro Advance Directives and Organ Donation
> Page body text example
>
> The description is : one two three one two three one two three. four
> five six. seven eight nine ten, uno dos tres quatro Advance
> Directives and Organ Donation Page body text example
> . Not : Advance Directives and Organ Donation Page body
> text example
>
> .
>
> Html Page that is indexed:
>
>       > valign="top">> src="/images/nav/navStd.gif" class="vimg"
> border="0">
>   > target="">one two three one two three one two three. four five six.
> seven eight nine ten, uno dos tres quatro
>

> Advance Directives and Organ Donation   Page body text
> example
   test page line 1
   test page line 2

body test line 2 more info...

> --------------------------------- Love cheap thrills? Enjoy
> PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2�/min with Yahoo!
> Messenger with Voice.

> Due to deletion of content types excluded from this list by policy,
> this multipart message was reduced to a single part, and from there
> to a plain text message.

Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter(at)not-real.peknet.com

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do.  Get it on your phone.

to a plain text message.