Re: Indexing Multiple <title>tags

From: Vijay <bvr_1597(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 19:49:56 GMT
Peter Karman,

Thanks for your comments.You mean modifying the source XML
 tags? It may not be possible for us to modify the XMLs
 ,coz our text encoding standards  forces us to use those
 three title tags.So we may need to stick to same XML files.  In the swish-e documentation it says: use filters to
index other types of files such as pdf,gzip or ps.
I am not sure of how can I implement filters for XML
files.Anybody have similar problem with multiple title tags.  Thanks Vijayender Reddy Bandaru

Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote: xpath will not work within swish-e, as swish-e uses SAX parser.

Your best bet is to filter your input prior to indexing and actually
change the tag name, either change the other two titles to e.g. 'title1'
and 'title3' or change the real title to e.g. 'titlereal' and then use
config options to map swishtitle to 'titlereal'. The first option is
probably easier.

Vijay scribbled on 3/28/06 2:11 PM:
tags that I have in each of my XML pages in  the collection.Is there anyway that I can limit the indexing to only the second > I am implementing search interface for XML based website using SWISH-e (with libxml2) .Everything works fine except the what user sees on the search results title.The search results taking the contents from all of the three

 Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

to a plain text message.