Is there a limit to the size of a header?

From: Armando Colpa <armando.colpa(at)not-real.tbwachiat.com>
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 15:48:40 GMT
We currently use a class that I wrote in php in order to interface
with swish-e. The problem I'm having is showing up on two different
machines. One running FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE and a Mac OS X machine. The
problem is that it appears swish-e is chopping the size of the header
file. I'm grabbing info from a database and indexing it. As part of
the header info, I place an associative array where the key is the
field name in the database and the value is the corresponding value.
Then, when I get a search result I just have to do an eval and assign
it to an array and I don't have to query the database to get all of
the info for each search result because I store the database info as
part of the header. The problem is that one person is writing a query
that's brining back a good number of fields. In some cases, 20
fields. In every case, it seems as though things are being truncated
after 12 fields. So what I did was to print what swish-e indexes to a
temp file right before the index happens and sure enough the data is
just fine.

Sorry for being long-winded, but the question is, does anybody know
of a header limit that swish-e has? I've done research and haven't
seen this mentioned. Btw, the header that was being chopped was being
chopped after about 2100 characters. Anyway, any help you can give
would be greatly appreciated.

Armando

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.  Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.  All contents are the copyright property of TBWA\Chiat\Day, its agencies or a client of such agencies.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are nevertheless bound to respect the worldwide legal rights of TBWA\Chiat\Day, its agencies and its clients.  We require that unintended recipients delete the e-mail and destroy all electronic copies in their system, retaining no copies in any media.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us via e-mail to disclaimer@tbwachiat.com.  We appreciate your cooperation.

We make no warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail and accept no liability for its content or use.  Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of TBWA\Chiat\Day or any of its agencies or affiliates.