Catdoc application errors and versions

From: Sean <schliden(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 06:22:56 GMT
I have a quick question regarding catdoc.exe

I have just downloaded the lastest version: swish-e-2.4.3-win32.exe

All seems to be working ok except I am having trouble with catdoc
causing application errors during the indexing process.

This would not be such a problem except that:

1. I can't tell which files are tripping up catdoc (So can't exclude them)
2. The indexing is stopped until I acent to the Dr Watson (Ok,
Cancel,Help) dialog.

The combination of these mean that scheduling index operations is not
viable. Rather I have to sit at the console and ok all of the errors.

Anyway, in my reading, I have noticed that dave offers win32 binaries
of catdoc on the webaugur.com website.

The problem is that none of the versions of catdoc seem to have
versioning information in them and I am not sure which is the
best/latest/most likely to work correctly.

Any suggestions as to the best version of catdoc that will support
long filenames.

Running:  swish-e-2.4.3-win32 on Windows 2000 SP4

TIA