Formatting what the user sees...

From: J Medrick Stevenson <jmedrick(at)not-real.cablenetworkz.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 21:04:46 GMT
Hi,

I have successfully installed swish-e version 2.4.3.
uname -a displays: FreeBSD cnwz5.securesites.net 4.7-RELEASE-p28 FreeBSD
4.7-RELEASE-p28 #43: Wed Jul 20 09:35:30 MDT 2005
root@fc2:/usr/src/sys/compile/VKERN  i386

I have a working search for the website I'm indexing but am trying to
fine tune the results displayed in the search page. Here are the problems:

1. I would like to change the wording when there are no results from "no
results" to "No Results Were Found." I am able to successfully change
other errstr messages, such as "Please enter a query string," but I
can't get a change to the no results message to show up. Is this pulled
from some other file?
I tried to change the following code, with no success:

        # Add in results-related headers
        $headers->{'parsed words'} = join ' ', $results->ParsedWords(
    ($swish->IndexNames)[0] );

        if ( ! $results->Hits ) {
            $self->errstr('no results');
            return;
        }
        $headers->{'number of hits'} = $results->Hits;

2. Is there anyway to remove the Reverse Sort checkbox option from the
search form?

3. Also, I am using TemplateDefault.pm to format my results.  I would
like to rename that file something like TemplateMYSITE.pm and have the
swish.cgi find it, but I'm not sure what in the swish.cgi file to change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can provide more detail on any
of my files as needed...I'm very new at this so it is confusing.

Thanks.
Jen