Re: help with 7GB

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 04:04:04 GMT
swish-e can handle index sizes larger than 2gb. Search the mail archive.

swish-e can also likely handle 20 indexes, but I wouldn't recommend that. I've
seen some issues with too many open files on some systems.

lastly: 7gb of PDF likely won't translate into 7gb of text. you're only indexing
the words in the pdfs, which will likely end up being much less than 7gb, in my
experience. run a few through xpdf's pdftotext (or whatever you'll use to filter
the pdfs) and compare sizes before and after.

Alberto Rosenberg scribbled on 2/14/06 9:34 PM: