Re: Compiling under windows. Help needed.

From: Ander <redna(at)not-real.euskalerria.org>
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 07:36:34 GMT
David L Norris wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 02:38 -0800, Ander wrote:
>

>>I need help to compile swish-e in windows(W2K). I've allways worked in
>>linux so I'm very,very new in windows compiling.
>>

>Do you need to compile Swish-e on Windows?  There are Windows installers
>here:
>  http://swish-e.org/download/

I need to compile the code because I've done some changes on it.

>>Can anyone tell me what are the steps I must follow? Which tools do I need? I've both DJGPP and Visual Studio c++.
>>I've been reading the documentation but I'm very confused.
>>

>There aren't specifically any instructions for building Swish-e on
>Windows.  I use mingw32 on Linux to build Swish-e.  There are fairly
>detailed instructions and information on cross-building Swish-e for
>Windows on Debian.  You may want to read all of the information here:
>  http://swishewiki.org/index.php/Win32#Building
>
>DJGPP is a DOS compiler so you don't want to use that.

If you use linux to build windows binaries I'll try that. I thought that
I had to use windows to compile, but I see that's not true at all.
I'll read your docs and try.

Thanks.

Lortu posta elektronikoa doan >> http://www.euskalerria.org