Re: Description, again

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 14:50:17 GMT
On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 06:44:47AM -0800, François Tissandier wrote:
> >You don't need to go by everything it says, but providing a working example, including source and what's not happening makes it really easy to help.
>
> That's what I did in my previous emails. So to simplify:

I was asking for a complete example I could run on my machine.  If you
did that then I could show you exactly why it is is isn't working as
you expect.  It's faster that way.

> swish-e -w techserv -p description
> Outputs:
> 1000 url "TechServ" 6208 "techserv, tech serv, technical service"
>

> swish-e -w description="tech serv"
> Or
> swish-e -w "description=tech serv"
> outputs nothing... But the previous request shows that "tech serv" is in the description field. That's why I'm confused. I'm trying to reindex without the stemming option to see if it's improving.

Swish parses words and then places them in the index.  You can see
what words are placed in the index and under what metaname using:

    swish-e -T indexed_words <rest of options used to index>

Then when searching you can use

    swish-e -H9 -w foo

and look for "Parsed Words" and that will show the words swish is
using to search the index.