Re: Configuration

From: Lars D. Noodén <lars(at)>
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 16:09:04 GMT
Yes, I meant swish-filter-test.  That works.

The filter is a SWISH::Filters::* filter and I want to make sure it gets=20
run.  It does not seem to be happening automatically, even for PDF.

Lars Nooden (
 =09On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog ...
 =09... until you start barking.

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Bill Moseley wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 07:42:54AM -0800, Lars D. Nood=E9n wrote:
>> I've got a filter working, at least according to swish-test.
> You mean swish-filter-test?
>> What needs to be set in the swish.config to ensure that certain files ge=
>> passed through the filter before indexing with the command 'swish-e -c
>> swish.conf' ?
> I'm not following what you are saying?
> Do you mean you have written a SWISH::Filters::* filter and want to
> know how to make sure it gets run?
> They get run automatically based on the content type of the incoming
> document matching the content type regular expression set by the
> filter.
>> e.g. =09/\.pdf$/ to
>>  =09/\.od[tspmhgcif]$/ to
> Or do you mean you created an old-style "FileFilter" type of filter?
> In that case it's "man SWISH-CONFIG" and search for FileFilter.  All
> you can do is specify the file extension.

to a plain text message.