Re: problem with search.php under win 2003 server

From: Williams, Paul <p.williams(at)not-real.lancaster.ac.uk>
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 10:10:46 GMT
For the benefit of those searching the archive this thread needs
closure. This unfortunately means I need to admit to being a bit of a
muppet!

The mistake I made in trying to solve this problem was to make an
assumption and fail to work stepwise through the issue. In this case I
failed to check that PHP.INI (and thereby register_globals ON) was
resolve a separate GD graphics issue. The path to PHP.INI was not in the
system variable path, I thought it was but didn't check........lesson
learned!

BTW, for information, when you get this script up and running you will
discover that the search will produce a fork error (well it did for me).
To date, the only way I've found around this is to give the IUSR_PCNAME
read and execute permissions on cmd.exe in the system32 folder. I'm not
sure about the security implications of this yet.

Ok, back to the manual and list searching for me to find out how to
display the contents contained within custom XML tags.........

Paul