RE: PDF Version 1.6 conversion tool (was a blank

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 15:45:20 GMT
thanks for sending plain text; I for one appreciate it when people care
enough to send the very best.

I don't think we care about posting style. Just cut down the irrelevant
parts in your reply (which I am often guilty of not doing).

But here I shall:

> The two solutions that I can think of are 1) to find a PDF Version 1.6
> to text converter, or 2) figure out how to have Adobe Acrobat 7 generate
> PDF Version 1.5 files.  I've had no luck with either approach.
> =20
> Any (reasonable) suggestions will be appreciated.

See my comments here about ghostscript:
http://swish-e.org/archive/2005-03/9165.html

that might work for you when xpdf does not.

--
Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter(at)not-real.peknet.com