(no subject)

From: Cutts III, James H. <CuttsJ(at)not-real.missouri.edu>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 14:31:10 GMT
I'm trying to find a pdftotext converter for PDF version 1.6 files. =20
=20
Swish-e is successfully attempting to index my .pdf files, however, my
files are being created with Adobe Acrobat 7, which is generating PDF
Version 1.6 files.   I'm getting error messages "Error: PDF version 1.6
-- xpdf supports version 1.5 (continuing anyway)" from the Swish-e
indexing process.
=20
I've downloaded xpdf 3.01pl1 (released 2005-Dec01) from
http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html and I'm still encountering the
same error message.   =20
=20
The two solutions that I can think of are 1) to find a PDF Version 1.6
to text converter, or 2) figure out how to have Adobe Acrobat 7 generate
PDF Version 1.5 files.  I've had no luck with either approach.
=20
Any (reasonable) suggestions will be appreciated.

James H. Cutts III

Computer Project Manager
Contracting and Organizations Research Institute
<http://cori.missouri.edu/>=20
University of Missouri - Columbia
143C Mumford Hall
Columbia, MO
65211
=20
Phone: (573) 882-6181
E-mail: cuttsj@missouri.edu <mailto:cuttsj@missouri.edu>=20
=20
Programming is the eternal competition between programmers who try to
make apps more and more idiot proof and the universe that makes dumber
idiots. So far, the universe is winning...=20
=20

to a plain text message.