maildir / mime

From: Bas van Gils <basvg(at)not-real.cs.ru.nl>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 13:23:15 GMT
Hi all,

I've been playing with swish-e for the last few days and I like it more and
more. I'm thinking about indexing my mail which is stored in the maildir
format. First I thought I'd write a script that does something like:

  foreach maildir; do
    foreach message; do
      generate XML and feed to swish
    done
  done

the XML structure can be simple. Probably something like:

  <message>
    <from> .. </from>
    <to> .. </to>
    <date> .. </date>
    <subject> .. </subject>
      ..
      ..
  </message>

It's not too hard to do this but I found that I ran into trouble with
(multi-part) MIME messages. Before I invest a lot of time in figuring out how
to process MIME messages I figured I'd better ask if someone has already done
something like this. No need to re-invent the wheel eh!

Any help is greatly appreciated,

  Cheers,

    Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils(at)not-real.cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493  -  http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences