Re: problem with search.php under win 2003 server

From: Williams, Paul <p.williams(at)not-real.lancaster.ac.uk>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 12:53:11 GMT
Well, after plugging away at it on and off for the last couple of days
I'm now at a complete loss as to why simple search 1.0 refuses to work
on my windows 2003 server under IIS6. In theory it should be so
straightforward!

It doesn't seem to matter what I do in terms of the path for
$strSearchEngine or path to the index file, the script just returns the
search page minus the search term. In addition previous troubleshooting
I've also tried uninstalling the php4isapi.dll on ISS and running PHP as
a CGI (making the changes needed in php.ini to run under ISS), the PHP
based web site still ran fine, the script didn't. In an effort to
simplify the paths I also tried reinstalling swish-e and ran everything
from the same folder as a 'virtual' directory. IIS permissions and
service extensions have been checked. Full error reporting in the script
and PHP are enabled but nothing is reported. The web logs show that both
search.php and its associated style sheet are being served without error
(GET and POST operations).

I don't know where to go from here, it looks to my layman's eye that the
swish-e.exe is simply not being called. Any pointers on what I may be
overlooking would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank, Paul