(no subject)

From: <ari(at)not-real.ivritype.com>
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 19:59:49 GMT
Two questions:

1. Swish-e 2.2.3 was installed on a website that I am now responsible for.
The results page returns only title and URL. I would like to include
returning the meta description, or the first 25 words of the file, or some
other indicator as to the contents of the file. Is this possible? Where is
it documented?

2. It looks like swish-e was set up to index everything in .htdocs. BUT,
there is some significant information that is not being indexed, and I
don't see anything stopping that from happening. Because these are special
printer-friendly pages, it is possible that there is no web link to the
file. On the other hand, if I am indexing from the filesystem, that
shouldn't be the issue. On the other hand, the folders tha I want indexed
have names beginning with "_". I do not that files beginning with a dot
are not indexed. Would an underscore fit into a "do not index" category?
Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
ari

Ari Davidow