problem with search.php under win 2003 server

From: Williams, Paul <p.williams(at)not-real.lancaster.ac.uk>
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 16:57:49 GMT
Hi - my sanity is suffering, can anyone lend a hand with the following;

Issue; search.php returning empty search i.e. returns same page but with
search the term missing.

System info; Win2k Server, IIS 6, PHP 4.3.11, Swish-e 2.4.3 (win32 exe
install).(notes: Swish-e installed to C:\swish-e, PHP running as server
module -> php4isapi.dll)

Troubleshooting to date; Register_globals turned on in php.ini, Checked
search.conf saved as ASCI, tried many path structures in the search.conf
for $strSearchEngine, $arySearchSiteIndices index name and $strSelf.
Checked the index file can be searched from the command line, given IUSR
permissions to relevant folders.

I simply can't work out why the script fails to work. The website in
question is PHP driven so I know all is well in that respect. It would
seem that the script is failing to call and run the swish-e executable,
full paths and relative paths have been tried without success. I can't
find any hint of a problem in the windows or web server error logs. Has
anyone had success in running this script with the configuration
outlined above?

Disconcertingly, I've also just tried running the script under
Apache2/2003 Server and had exactly the same result. Is there an issue
with how the script calls the swish-e exe?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Paul