Re: Modifying the screen prompts in swish.cgi

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 16:56:48 GMT
David Larkin scribbled on 12/3/05 4:40 AM:

> I guess I could copy to, would I
> then need to change all occurences of "SWISH::TempalteDefault" with
> "SWISH::customTempalteDefault" ?
> Sorry, this is more of a perl query than a swish-e query , but could i keep
> in a local directory, and if so how do I ensure it
> gets used ? do I just drop the "SWISSH::" prefix in swish.cgi ?

I would copy the file to another directory but leave name as
is. Then just alter your include path to make sure your local copy loads first.

then alter your @INC (or however it's being done in swish.cgi, with 'use lib' or
the like) to include '/usr/local/myspecial' before '/usr/local/lib'

read the perl docs on altering the include path (@INC) at compile time. The
first SWISH/ the script finds is the one it will use.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)