Re: Index one big file with several entry

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 03:34:47 GMT
You need to split that big file up into smaller, virtual files, with a script.
Otherwise swish-e will just say, "yup, that doc matches".

So you need to parse your file so that it outputs something like:

<entry>
  <NUM>0001</NUM>
  <DES>entry1</DES>
  <KWD>blue grey green</KWD>
</entry>
..

and pipe it to -S prog a'la DirTree.pl or spider.pl. See SWISH-RUN man page for
how to use -S prog with appropriate headers.

pek

goaper julien scribbled on 12/2/05 8:39 PM: