Re: swish-e and bibtex

From: Bas van Gils <basvg(at)not-real.cs.ru.nl>
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 11:03:34 GMT
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 08:41:39AM -0800, Peter Karman wrote:
> if you had the disk space, then you could create a real .xml file. That
> effectively doubles the required disk space for your doc collection. I
> personally wouldn't want to use that much space, unless I was re-indexing
> often, so I would just write a script (similar to DirTree.pl or spider.pl)
> that created a XML doc in memory and then printed to stdout. swish-e can
> read from stdin, so it would look like:
>
>  myscript | swish-e -S prog -i stdin
[ ... ]

Hi again,

Well, it worked :-) It didn't even take me long to write the script that
generated the proper output. I published the script (and a small howto to
summarize my experiences so far) on

  http://osiris.cs.kun.nl/~basvg/misc/swish.php

Perhaps someone else can also benefit from it then. Thansk for the help so far
guys!

Cheers

  Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils(at)not-real.cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493  -  http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences